Monday, September 8, 2008

Seasonal Decorating Inspiration


Now that the Labor Day holiday has come and gone, it's time to turn my attention to transforming our home from summer's 'light and breezy' to warm and inviting with the colors of autumn.

The photo you see to the left is actually a scan. I found these leaves last autumn and decided to scan them instead of attempting to photograph them. This photo became the inspiration for our seasonal fall color theme.

I've always enjoyed changing the look of our home for the seasons. In the coming weeks you'll find posts that will discuss how to find your own personal color inspiration, and seasonal decorating on a budget. Seasonal decorating doesn't have to be expensive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in those leaves. I always lean towards burnt umber, burnt sienna, and golden hues for the fall. Beautiful palette, Kenn!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to learning how to find my own personal color scheme (it's not a pretty picture when i do it myself).

I love your leaves Kenn! - the teal really makes them pop - even on the scanner!